The following terms and conditions (“Agreement”) apply to your use of and access to Internet Service provided by Kingdom Telecommunications, Inc., dba: Phynx Fiber and any website, including any website, owned or operated by Kingdom Telecommunications, Inc. or its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, and licensors (each, a “Website”). In this Agreement, Kingdom Telecommunications, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are collectively referred to as “Company.” By using or accessing Phynx Fiber’s Internet Access Service or a Website, you agree with the terms of this Agreement..
In addition to any other agreements between you and Company (also referred to herein as “we,” “us,” and in the possessive, “our”), this Agreement explains the policies that govern your access to and use of the Website or service, including the actions that we may take, within our sole discretion, for any use that we deem unacceptable.
Our company uses a soft credit check during the application process to verify the applicant’s identity and make a risk-based deposit decision.
In order for us to service your account or to collect any amounts you may owe, we may contact you by telephone at any telephone number associated with your account, including wireless telephone numbers, which could result in charges to you. We may also contact you by sending text messages or emails, using any email address you provide us. Methods of contact may include using pre-recorded or artificial voice messages and/or the use of an automatic dialing device, as applicable.
If you do not wish to be bound by this Agreement, you should not access, subscribe to, or otherwise use Phynx Fiber’s Internet Access Services. Company may modify this Agreement at any time without notice to you. Modifications will be deemed effective immediately upon posting of the modified terms at www.Phynxfiber.com.
Website Terms and Conditions
- Lawful Use. You agree not to use Phynx Fiber’s Internet Access Service (“the Service”) or any Website for any unlawful or abusive purpose, or in any way which interferes with the ability of Company to provide access to the Internet or a Website or to provide any other service to our customers, or in any way which damages our property or the property of others. Transmission of any material violating any federal or state law or regulation is expressly prohibited. This shall include, but is not limited to: child pornography, copyrighted material, material protected by patent, trademark, or trade secret, or any material that is obscene or threatening. You are solely responsible for all content you access or transmit via the Internet and assume and accept all liability and risk associated with accessing or using the Service or a Website and the Internet. You agree to provide information which is: (a) accurate and not misleading, and (b) free of damaging content, including, without limitation, viruses, worms, trojan horses, or other programs that are capable of disabling, damaging, interfering, altering, intercepting, or otherwise impacting or affecting a Website or any Company systems, network, or services, or any Website users. Company will make reasonable attempts to provide uninterrupted service, but there may be instances where the Service or access to a Website is delayed, impaired or impossible (collectively, “Technical Issues”). Should you experience any Technical Issues, you are to promptly contact Company. Company will not be liable to you for any loss of information, blockages or delays affecting data, information, notifications, purchases, deliveries or any other aspect of a Website due to Technical Issues. Customer consents to system monitoring for law enforcement and other purposes by accessing and using Phynx Fiber’s Internet network. Unauthorized access to or use of Phynx Fiber’s network may subject customers to criminal prosecution and penalties.
- Fraudulent Use. You must safeguard your computer system and any password or other Website-entry materials to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing your computer system and account information. You acknowledge that Company cannot verify the identity of persons using a Website under your password. Company is not responsible for the use of lost or stolen password information. Should you allow others access to your online account information, you will be responsible for all actions that such persons might take with respect to your account.
- Your Feedback. Company values any feedback you may have about its Service and Website. However, if you send us any type of communication concerning the Service or Website or any of our products, the content of your communication will be treated as non proprietary and non-confidential (even if marked confidential or similar denotation) and will become Company property to use, reproduce, disclose, and distribute for any purpose whatsoever, without limitation to the extent permitted by applicable law and without compensation to you.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Company, its officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers for the Service from and against all claims, demands, actions, losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from: (1) any violation of this Agreement by you; (2) any violation of any rights of a third party by you; (3) any violation of applicable law; (4) information or content that you submit, post, transmit or make available through a Website; or (5) your use of the Service and Website.
- Website Information. Except for the Service and information and services addressed on the Company’s web site, all information and services offered on the Internet generally are offered by third parties that may not be affiliated with Company. Company may not review and may have no control over content or services provided by third parties, and does not endorse or assume responsibility for third-party content. Any links to third party information and services are provided for convenience only and your accessing or using such third party information and services is entirely at your own risk. Company makes no representations or warranties concerning any website or the information or services offered or appearing on or through these websites. Company does not review, sponsor, or endorse the operators of these websites or the information or services they provide, and Company is not responsible or liable for the conduct of these websites’ operators or the information and services they may provide. You also understand that Company cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that any files available for downloading on the Internet will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to a Website for the reconstruction of any lost data.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR ACCESSED FROM OR OTHERWISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE. ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION ACCESSED BY OR PROVIDED TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” “WITH ALL FAULTS,” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” COMPANY, ITS AGENTS, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT IN ANY WAY THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, TITLE, USEFULNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITES. YOU ACCESS SUCH CONTENT OR INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK. COMPANY DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT ITS SERVICE OR WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE, OR CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE, OR THAT ITS SERVICE OR WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, ITS AGENTS OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES FROM THE SERVICE OR WEBSITE THAT ARISE UNDER ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING THOSE THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR WEBSITE, ANY SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, OR ANY TRANSACTION PERFORMED THROUGH THE WEBSITE. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING COMPENSATORY, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME OR PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES-EVEN KNOWN BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF COMPANY, ITS AGENTS, AND ITS LICENSORS, IF ANY, ARISING OUT OF ANY KIND OF LEGAL CLAIM IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO ANY WEBSITE WILL LIMITED DIRECT DAMAGES WHICH SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PRO RATA PORTION OF THE MONTHLY CHARGES FOR THE SERVICE FOR THE TIME PERIOD DURING WHICH THE SERVICE PROVIDED PURSUANT IS INOPERATIVE, NOT TO EXCEED IN TOTAL THE CUSTOMER’S MONTHLY CHARGE FOR THE SERVICE. THE LIABILITY OF COMPANY, AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.
- Governing Law. This Agreement is governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Missouri, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. The circuit courts of Callaway County, Missouri, have exclusive jurisdiction over and venue of any suit that relates to this Agreement. You are responsible for ensuring that your conduct is at all times in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Waiver and Severability; Assignment. Failure by Company to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice will act to modify any provision of this Agreement. Company may assign its rights and duties under these terms to any party at any time without notice to you. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, this Agreement’s unaffected provisions will remain in effect.
- Bill Presentation and Payment Terms and Conditions
Company electronic bill presentment and payment services are an online billing information and bill payment service that may be provided by Company for certain products (the “Services”). The Services are subject to both the Website Terms and Conditions above and the following Service-specific terms and conditions. Company may modify these Service-specific terms and conditions at any time without notice to you. Modifications will be deemed effective immediately upon posting of the modified terms at www.Phynxfiber.com.
- Presentation of Payment. The electronic bill is due and payable on or before the 10th day of the month for residential accounts and the 21st day of the month for business accounts to avoid a late fee. Electronic payments made at www.Phynxfiber.com are processed within 24 hours to the extent possible. If your payment is not made within 10 days of past due date, Company may begin procedures to cancel all services. You will be informed of such action if required by law.
- Partial Payment. Partial payments are acceptable, however they are not to be construed as acceptable payment arrangements that automatically extend service beyond the normal disconnect date. But our acceptance of late or partial payments (even those marked, “Paid in Full”) and late payment charges is not a waiver of our right to collect the full amount due. If you are unable to pay a bill in full prior to the due date, please call customer service at the number located on page 1 of your Company bill.
- Limitation of Liability. In addition to the limitations of liability described in the Agreement, Company has no liability if: (a) your financial institution shows that your designated account has insufficient funds or credit availability; (b) Company is prohibited by law or court order from withdrawing payment from your account; (c) your account is closed or frozen; (d) any part of the electronic funds transfer system is not working properly; or (e) there are any delays or failures in performance or any interruptions arising from any cause or circumstance beyond Company’s reasonable control. Accounts credited with a payment that is subsequently returned for any reason by your financial institution, including but not limited to insufficient funds, account closed or invalid account number, are debited for the amount of the original payment and all applicable returned check charges. Your account may also be temporarily suspended immediately upon our receipt of the denial of payment or returned check and until payment is made in a cash transaction, e.g., cash, cashier’s check, money order or with a valid credit card. Please call customer service at the number located on page 1 of your Company bill as soon as you are aware that this could be a problem.
- Questions about Bill. If you have any questions about your bill, call Company customer service center at the telephone number printed on your Company bill. While the item(s) in question about your charges are being investigated, you do not have to pay them. But the amount not in question is still due and payable upon receipt of your bill. If you have a dispute about a charge on your bill, contact customer service at the number located on page 1 of your Company bill immediately upon receipt of your bill to ensure your dispute is recorded prior to collection action that could occur as a result of an unpaid balance.
- Payment Methods. If you are eligible to receive the Services for your products and services, you may pay your bill either by (a) paying online at www.Phynxfiber.com using eBill and make a one time payment with credit card or debit card, (b) enrolling in automatic bill payment available online, (c) call Company and pay with credit card or debit card by phone (d) arranging to electronically pay your bill through a bill payment service provider such as your bank or financial institution, (e) or by mailing Company a check. If you do arrange for electronic payment through another company or financial institution you will be subject to those companies’ terms and conditions and you agree that Company will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage caused or created by those companies. In the event that any amount on a third party site does not match the same amount on wwwPhynxfiber.com or your printed bill, the www.Phynxfiber.com and the paper bill amount (the two being the same) will be deemed to be the accurate amount. In the event the paper bill and the amount listed on your online bill at www.Phynxfiber.com do not agree, the paper bill should be considered the correct bill and should be used to determine the amount to be paid. You may elect to have Company retain your payment information, including but not limited to your billing name, address, telephone number, credit card/debit card/account numbers, expiration dates, for you convenience and use in future transactions authorized by you. You are responsible for adding, updating, maintaining, deleting and verifying the accuracy of any payment information that you ask Company to store for you. You agree that Company will not be responsible for any transactions rejected due to erroneous or outdated payment information. You also agree that Company will not be liable for any use, misuse, lost, stolen or incorrect payment information.
- Bill Messages. Company may include messages developed by Company or as required by state and federal authorities in the body of the bill. It is your responsibility to view the entire bill.
- Options to Receive Your Bill. Company may offer the option to receive your bill either via US postal service or view online. If you elect the option to view your bill online, you authorize Company to stop sending you paper bills via mail and understand that you may receive one more paper bill depending on your billing cycle. Please note that you will have the option to print a paper copy on your home computer or save it to a file. Each month, you will receive an email notification when your new bill is available and understand that if, for any reason, you are unable to view your bill online, you are still required to make your payment on time. Also, under these circumstances, you are responsible for obtaining a bill copy and/or account balance by calling the Company customer service at 573-642-2800. You also agree to provide Company with your email address for the receipt of eBill notices and agree to keep your email address updated and understand that it is your responsibility to log in and view your bill each month, even if you do not receive an eBill notice for any reason. Company will notify you via telephone that your address needs to be updated if it receives a message that your email bill notification is undeliverable. You understand that any late payment notices will still be sent through the U.S. postal mail and you agree to pay your bill using one of these approved methods (since sending paper checks without the remittance stub may delay payment posting): Automatic Payments, Company online payments or online payments from your financial institution or bill payment service provider.
- Fees. Paper copy will be billed $5 per month. Electronic billing is free. But if you pay your bill electronically through a financial institution, you are responsible for any charges you may incur from the financial institution in order to make online payments.
- Security. A web browser that supports https connections is required to use the Services. Recommended browsers are the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox. You are responsible for obtaining the necessary encryption software. Company is not liable to you for any failure or inability to obtain necessary encryption software.
- Password. You agree that the password you use to access your account will be kept confidential. If you forget your password, you may reset your password online. You understand that you have sole responsibility for the security of your password. You are solely responsible for notifying us of the loss or theft of a password. We will not be liable for any actions, claims, costs, damages, or expenses arising from a lost or stolen password.
- Termination of Services by Company. Company reserves the right to terminate the Service or access to any account(s) enrolled in the Services at any time.
- Network Performance. It is understood by the service Subscriber that the Provider’s individual service plan descriptions, either verbal, written or electronic, are provided for the Subscriber’s information and comparison purposes only and are not to be construed as guarantees by the Provider of service or network performance. Connection upload and download speeds given for each service plan are the speeds at which that service plan is configured on the Provider’s network and/or the Subscriber’s premise equipment and are not to be construed as the speed or quality of service the Subscriber will experience on the Internet as a whole. The Subscriber understands that the Provider’s service is provided on a “best effort” basis and that the Provider will make all reasonable effort to maintain its network in a manner that best ensures every service Subscriber’s predefined service plan speeds and quality of service. It is understood by the service Subscriber that their actual connection speed and service level may vary from the Provider’s published service plan speeds and/or quality of service descriptions.
Like most companies, we have certain information about our customers and use it to provide our services. We also share it only with our subsidiary companies.
What information does Phynx Fiber have?
When we provide our services, which include Internet access, telephone, television, we necessarily obtain certain information about you. This information may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, driver’s license number, credit information, payment information, and contact information.
Network management. We use information generated on our networks to manage those networks, to plan for future development, and to keep our services running reliably and efficiently. For example, we may monitor data to check for viruses, to control spam, to prevent attacks that might disable our services, to ensure that your traffic does not violate your subscriber agreement or our acceptable use policies, and to guard against other inappropriate or illegal activity. This may involve looking at the characteristics of our network traffic, such as traffic volumes, beginning and ending points of transmissions, and the types of applications being used to send traffic across our network. In limited circumstances, we may need to look into the content of the data (such as the specific websites being visited, files being transmitted, or application being used) for the purposes described above, in circumstances when we are concerned about fraud or harassment, to repair a problem we detect or that a customer contacts us about, or when we are providing the content of broadband traffic to law enforcement which we only do as authorized by law.
How does Phynx Fiber use customer information?
We may use customer information to provide our services and keep you informed of changes to them, to market our services and sometimes those of others, and to plan improvements to the services we offer and the way we interact with our customers.
Does Phynx Fiber share customer information?
Yes, but only to Phynx Fiber affiliates which includes operations of Kingdom Telephone Company and Kingdom Technologies Solutions. Phynx Fiber will not disclose or sell customer information to third parties, unless otherwise required to do so by operation of law.
What access do customers have to information about themselves?
You may access information about yourself in three ways:
- Through your bill, whether you receive it by mail or electronically.
- If you are a residential customer and have an eBill Account it shows service information and may provide usage information as well.
- You can also call us to discuss your account or to authorize someone else to talk with us about your services or other account details.
How long does Phynx Fiber retain customer information?
How long we keep different types of information is determined by business requirements and Missouri and federal laws and regulations.
How does Phynx Fiber secure customer information?
We take the security of our customer information seriously. We do several things to protect it:
- We have administrative, physical and technical controls to safeguard it; and
- We train our employees on the importance of protecting it.
If you have questions about this policy or our practices, please email us at info@PhynxFiber.com or write us at:
Phynx Fiber Legal
PO Box 97
Auxvasse, MO 65231
What information does Phynx Fiber obtain and how do we use customer information?
General practices – gathering
Signing up and ordering services. When customers sign up for service, we ask for their name, street address, email address, and contact information. We may ask for date of birth, social security or driver’s license numbers (to confirm identity or determine creditworthiness), billing information including whether bills should be sent by mail or set up for online access, and bank account or credit card information if a customer elects to pay electronically. We also keep notes of contacts we have with our customers.
Recording, reviewing or monitoring of your interactions with Phynx Fiber . For quality assurance and training, we sometimes record or listen to calls made to or from our customer service.
Network recording of service usage. We record information about usage of our networks or systems. For example, we may log dates and times and the telephone numbers of calls to and from our customers. And when we are your Internet service provider (ISP), we may maintain logs of the total volume of data a user transmits and the user’s IP address at the time.
General practices – use
Routine business uses of personal information. We use information that we obtain from customers or generate while providing our services to set up and maintain accounts, provide and repair our services and equipment, respond to customers’ questions and concerns, bill and collect for our services, plan for future development of our network and services, to market our services, and communicate with our customers and others about our services.
When Phynx Fiber provides voice service
As a provider of voice services, we use customer information as outlined above.
When Phynx Fiber is your Internet service provider
As your ISP, we gather and use information as outlined above.
Information we obtain when Phynx Fiber provides Internet access. We gather and use information generated on our networks to manage them, to plan for future development of our network and services, to market our services, and to keep our services running efficiently. For example, we may monitor data to check for viruses, to control spam, to prevent attacks that might disable our services, to ensure that your traffic does not violate your subscriber agreement or our acceptable use policies, and to guard against other inappropriate or illegal activity. This involves looking at the characteristics of our network traffic, such as traffic volumes, beginning and ending points of transmissions, and the types of applications being used to send traffic across our network.
Sometimes we need to look into the content of the data (such as the specific websites being visited, files being transmitted, or application being used) for the purposes described above, in circumstances when we are concerned about fraud or harassment, to repair a problem we detect or that a customer contacts us about, or when we are providing the content of broadband traffic to law enforcement which we only do as authorized by law.
Most of the specific information we obtain that is attributable to a user is kept only for a matter of hours or days. We may retain data for longer if, for example, we see patterns in the traffic that give us concerns about potential harm to our network, or if we are doing a specific study on the impact of certain applications used on our networks. We also retain for longer periods logs of the total amounts of data transmitted, and the date, time, and duration of access to the Internet through our services by a user, including the user’s IP address at the time.
Children’s use of Phynx Fiber ‘s Internet services. We understand that children may use our Internet services. We urge you to pay attention to what your children are doing on the Internet and what sites they are visiting.
Obtaining information from children under 13. Unless otherwise indicated, our websites are intended for general audiences and not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Note that other providers’ web pages are accessible through links on many of our websites, and those providers may have different practices on collecting and using information from children under 13. If you are concerned about those sites, please review them and their privacy policies.
Does Phynx Fiber share customer information?
Sharing information within Phynx Fiber . Phynx Fiber is made up of a number of affiliate companies and we share information among them as permitted by law or with your consent. You benefit when we better understand your interests and needs. And knowing more about how our customers use our services and sharing that information among our companies helps us improve our networks, the services we provide, and our customer service. It also lets us personalize our interactions with you.
Providing information when lawfully permitted and necessary. Like other businesses, we may share customer information: (1) to comply with laws or to respond to lawful demands such as subpoenas or court orders; (2) to assert or defend our legal rights or the rights of our employees, agents, contractors, or customers; (3) to investigate and protect against fraud, harassment, or other types of unlawful activity involving us, other providers we do business with, or our customers; (4) to protect our property, including our networks, or the property or networks of others; or (5) as otherwise permitted by law.
Sharing of Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI). CPNI is a subcategory of protected customer information defined by federal law as information about a consumer’s account, including usage and billing of telecommunications services. Those services are offered by providers of traditional local, long distance, and wireless services, as well as providers of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services to consumers. CPNI includes what services you subscribe to, how you use them, and what you are charged for them. It does not include your name, address, telephone number, or other types of information such as information about your telephone equipment or Internet access services. Communications companies are required to treat CPNI confidentially, and we do. The FCC regulates when and how CPNI can be shared and used. To find out more about the FCC’s CPNI rules go to http://www.fcc.gov/guides/protecting-your-telephone-calling-records(link is external)
Emergency service providers. Federal law requires us to provide customer names, addresses, and telephone numbers – including information on non-published and non-listed customers – to emergency services providers, including 911 and reverse-911 providers (who notify the public of emergencies). This information is also provided to those responsible for answering 911 calls when they receive such calls.
Disclosure of information through links from Phynx Fiber websites
Our websites may contain links to websites of other businesses. We are not responsible for information those sites collect. If you are concerned about the information collected by these other sites, please review their privacy policies.
Sharing of customer information with the government
Responding to lawful process. We may provide customer information to the government in response to a subpoena, warrant or court order. Among the information we might be asked to provide are a customer’s name, address, telephone number, account number, any Internet Protocol or network address that we assigned to the customer, records of service usage (including interactive session times and durations), how long the customer has subscribed to our services (including start date and the types of services used), and the means and source of customer payment. In response to a search warrant or court order, we may be required to disclose to law enforcement agencies the content of and records relating to telephone calls, and Internet usage. We do not provide notice to our customers of law enforcement demands for information.
Voluntary release of information in an emergency. We may provide customer information to the government if we believe in good faith that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure without delay.
Other voluntary releases of information. Under certain conditions, we voluntarily share information with governmental agencies:
- If we encounter situations where we think our customers or others that we might be in contact with are violating the law, we may contact law enforcement and provide them with the information that led to our belief.
- When customers complain about us to federal and state regulatory authorities, we provide pertinent information (including customer information) in response to those complaints, and may provide pertinent information to other governmental bodies inquiring about such complaints, such as state or federal legislative committees.
- We may share information with the government to protect our rights or property, including information indicating that some portion of our network or the network of another provider is or has been subject to a cyber attack.
- Periodically, we compare our customers’ name and address information with the information possessed by the U.S. Postal Service. This lets us mail at reduced rates and helps ensure that our customers get their bills and other information from us more economically and reliably.
- We also share information with federal and state agencies in connection with their programs to fund universal service and other communications assistance programs for low-income or otherwise eligible persons, including persons with disabilities.
Reporting of child pornography. Like other service providers, we are required to report apparent violations of laws concerning child pornography when we have a reasonable belief of facts or circumstances that warrant a report. In those cases, we contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and may also contact law enforcement directly.
What choices do our customers have about information we obtain and how we use it?
Choices regarding marketing contacts
Telephone. Federal Do Not Call laws allow you to place residential landline and wireless phone numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry to prevent telemarketing calls to those numbers. If you would like to add your numbers to this list, you may do so by calling 1-888-382-1222, or by visiting www.donotcall.gov(link is external).
Please note that being on a federal or state Do Not Call list will not keep customers from getting our marketing calls because we have an established business relationship with our customers.
Residential customers who don’t want to receive our marketing telephone calls or marketing materials may ask to “opt-out” by calling us at 573-642-2800.
Please note that it may take up to thirty days for your choices regarding marketing contacts from us to become effective. If you are our customer, you will still receive bills, service related contacts and notices from us even if you choose not to receive marketing contacts.
What access do customers have to information about themselves?
Access through billing statements. Your monthly billing statement contains the primary name on your account, the services you subscribe to or use, and the amount billed. A paper billing statement may contain less detailed information about specific services or usage than information available online. Both may contain other information, such as regulatory notices and charges passed on to you from other service providers. If you find a mistake in the information we have or if you have any questions about your account, please call us at 573-642-2800.
Telephone and online access. We will discuss your account with you or with someone you authorize (once the caller is properly authenticated). Information may also be available to an authorized user through your online account profile. If you want to authorize someone to talk about your services or other account details, call us at 573-642-2800.
How does Phynx Fiber secure customer information?
Restricted access to information. Only Phynx Fiber employees, agents, service providers and other businesses we work and share information with and who have a legitimate business purpose are authorized to access customer information. This access is strictly defined (often involving password controlled access and other security controls) and subject to policies and contracts requiring confidential treatment of the information.
Securing sensitive information. We use secure technologies to transfer sensitive information and comply with a variety of industry standards, and federal and state laws regarding the protection of customer information.
Employee and vendor training. We require employees to protect customers’ information. We train our employees on those policies when they are hired, and we update that training periodically.
Proactively protecting your own information. We encourage our customers to actively protect their personal information. Don’t give identifying information to strangers or others unless you’re certain they have a right to or a need for the information. Also, protect the security of personal information you transmit over home networks, wireless routers, Wi-Fi networks, and similar devices by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized interception.
For questions about this policy or our practices, please email us at info@PhynxFiber.com or write us at:
Phynx Fiber Legal
PO Box 97
Auxvasse, MO 65231
Backup Power for Home Phone Services during Power Outages
For many years, your home phone would allow you to stay connected to emergency voice services during a power outage. However, many of today’s advanced home voice services require backup battery power to continue
functioning during an outage. To avoid a disruption during an outage — and to maintain the ability to connect to 911 emergency services — we at Phynx Fiber offer the option of purchasing backup power for your home voice service.
What Your Battery Can – and Can’t – Do for You
Phynx Fiber’s backup battery for your ONT or GigaCenter allows you to continue to use your home voice services during a power outage. Without a backup battery or alternate backup source such as a generator, you will not be able to make any calls, including emergency calls to 911. Our backup battery does not provide power to any services other than voice. Cordless phones, home security systems, medical monitoring devices and other equipment are not
powered by our backup battery.
Purchase and Replacement Options
If you are concerned about being able to contact 911 emergency services during a power outage, a backup battery may be a good option for you. You can purchase a backup battery directly through Phynx Fiber. If you have any questions please call 573-975-1112.
Expected Backup Power Duration
Backup batteries are expected to last at least 24 hours on standby power.
Instructions for Proper Care and Use of Your Battery Environmental factors such as temperature can shorten your backup battery’s useful life. We recommend that your backup battery be installed in an area where the temperature stays between 32°F and 104°F. The backup battery weighs less than 2 pounds and is roughly 3.5” x 6” x 3.5”. The batteries are rechargeable, and as long as the backup battery is plugged into a power outlet, they will stay charged. They will not last forever and will alert you when the battery needs to be replaced by making a beeping noise. If you have questions or concerns about your backup battery, please contact us at 573-975-1112.